This project contains examples, tests, and benchmarks for my YouTube series on Effective Java, Third Edition.
The tests can be run with
mvn test or any IDE with JUnit 5 integration.
To run the benchmarks:
mvn package java -jar target/benchmarks.jar
- affiliate links to Effective Java, Third Edition:
- visit codefx.org for links to my blog, Twitter, Twitch, and online courses on Java
Creating and destroying objects
- Item 1: Consider static factory methods instead of constructors - examples
- Item 2: Consider a builder when faced with many constructor parameters - examples
- Items 3-5 -
- Enforce the singleton property with a private constructor or an enum type
- Enforce noninstantiability with a private constructor
- Prefer dependency injection to hardwiring resources
- Item 6: Avoid creating unnecessary objects - benchmark