Project to create a portal for gathering civic hacking ideas.
Install Node and NPM
Start Dev Server
Start Mock API server:
bash npm install -g json-server json-server --watch mock-data/projects.json --port 3030
- Start Back end server:
The back end server is set up on Port 4000 instead of 3000 and was intentionally kept separate from the front end: The front end must be incorporated in lib/views.
The dev server is hosted on http://localhost:3000
The mock api server is hosted on http://localhost:3030
Overall project goals:
- Create a place for at will submission of civic tech/hacking ideas from anyone via a mobile accesible web page
- Empower community members to solve problems in their neighborhood by connecting members with needed skills around shared impact goals
- Create mechanisms for feedback and growing ideas into projects
- Track the evolution of projects into protoypes and live products
- Create a space for idea collisions, different ideas for the same problems
- Create a space for skilled persons to find projects they want to contribute to
- Endless discussion without progress
- A collections of complaints wihtout proposed solutions
- Collect ideas from the Baltimore community that may directly and positively impact local communities and government displaying the ideas already submitted
- Display collected ideas (and allow interaction on ideas?)
- Display what is currently in progress.
- view ideas.
- idea submission form
- page for about us.
- login/signup simplified through user name login and oauth2.0 standards and access.
- Some basic level of administration for the site based on user roles
If you have docker you can generate a dev container: