The Juliaette Family Cookbook Manager
A handy tool to organize and share your family and personal cookbooks..
Begin your Juliaette Family Cookbook Manager dev experience, by visiting the Github repository to clone and download to your machine.
Once the repository is cloned to your local machine. In your CLI, while within the repo, run
yarn install to install the necessary software to run it locally. Followed by
yarn start to run the application locally.
To access the deployed application, please visit the Heroku deployed application.
- HTML - The web application structural framework
- CSS - Used to style and design the application.
- Click on the recipes menu button to view and add your own recipes to the cookbook of your choice.
- To update an existing recipe, select the recipe and update the necessary items.
For a sneak peek check out... Screencast.
Future iterations will include:
✅] Add a Tribute page dedicated to my grandmother, Juliaette Carroll.
- Add pictures to each recipe and allow users to add pictures when adding a new recipe.
- User Profiles - Users will have the opportunity to create profiles and save their personalizes cookbooks and recipes.
- The ability to create multiple cookbooks and save specific recipes to the multiple cookbooks.
- Users will be able to share recipes and even whole cookbooks with one another.
Additional features are welcome via a pull request. For example, the ability for student to add their own content and create customized flash cards. Please be considerate, we try adhere to KISS (Keep It Stupid Simple) and DRY (Don't Repeat Yourself) principles. Also, remember to use and follow Sandi Metz's methodology.