Zen was redeveloped in 2015 and the new project can be found at this repository. Please consider contributing to the new project!
This repository is here for historical/reference purposes.
Initially a basic Dojo listing manager. We plan to enhance and add features down the line. You can help us make it better by forking this project, adding stuff and then issuing a pull request back to us!
Some things to add/hack/dream about
- User settings
- Improved admin panel
- Improved overall Dojo list w/ search
- Mutliple admins on a Dojo
- If country == US, have states also.
Zen is built on and uses:
- CodeIgniter http://codeigniter.com/
- Tank Auth http://www.konyukhov.com/soft/tank_auth/
- Twitter Bootstrap http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/
Local deployment notes
- Create a MySQL database:
- install mysql-server
- create a database
- sudo mysqladmin create dojozen
- create a user (choose a password different than '1234')
- echo "grant all privileges on dojozen.* to 'dojozen'@'localhost' identified by '1234'" | sudo mysql dojozen
- create an empty database
- mysql dojozen --user=dojozen -p < schema.sql
- fill in the details in
- enter an encryption key in
'/application/config/development/config.php'on line 227
- Configure a webserver
- install apache (sometimes known as 'httpd')
- add a new configuration file at /etc/httpd/conf.d/zen.conf. If this apache instance is not going to serve any other sites you can safely set it like this, otherwise you need vhosts:
<Directory /home/arnouten/dev/Zen/web> AllowOverride All Require all granted </Directory> #Alias /Zen /home/arnouten/dev/Zen DocumentRoot /home/arnouten/dev/Zen/web
.htaccessis used to mask the
'index.php'part of the URL, depending on your set up, you may need to edit this.