How to Contribute
Your contributions are welcome and we're very open about how contributions are made, however, to keep order to things please take the following into consideration:
- Check the issues to ensure that someone else isn't already working on the bug or feature
- Submit an issue for bugs and feature additions before you start with it
- Familiarize yourself with the documentation in the Wiki
There is an established format for
components which utilizes one JS (
init.js) and one CSS (
screen.css) which is handled by the loader file. Any other resources used should be loaded or accessed from one of these.
Don't Reinvent the Wheel! There's an API and defined, easy-to-understand set of methods for a reason - use them.
Stick to the conventions defined in other components as closely as possible.
- Utilize the same commenting structure
- Use underscores in namespaces instead of interCaps
- Use intend with 4 spaces in your code
- Use single quotes for parameternames and double quotes for strings
- When working with the editor utilize the
activeobject whenever possible instead of going direct to the
In order to maintain a consistant code structure to the code across the application please run any changes through JSBeautifier (http://jsbeautifier.org/) with the default settings.
If you have questions, please ask. Submit an issue or contact us directly.
In order to maintain a consistant code structure we follow PSR2 standards and using travis CI to validate a proper formatting.