Code Review Checklist
- Readme includes instructions for running the project locally
- Consistent Indentation
- Includes meta viewport tag for mobile devices
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0">
- CSS Links and Font Links are in the head of the document
- Uses semantic tags where available
- header, time, main, nav, article, section etc.
- See this article for more: https://html.com/semantic-markup/
- Title / Header links back to home page
- No extra elements. Only includes the necessary elements to make things work.
- Consistent semicolon usage. Either do or do not. There is no inbetween.
- Consistent quote usage. Either
", don't mix.
- Consistent indentation.
- Reasonable max line length. Wrap / reformat code when it gets too long.
- Variable / Function names are clear and concise.
- No abbreviations.
- Variable / Function naming convention is consistent.
- camelCase or PascalCase or snake_case
- Strings used more than once are in a variable.
- API_URL etc.
- Functions are as few lines as possible. Code reads like a sentence.
- Function names dictate intent.
- Nested loops avoided where possible.
- Functions take in a reasonable number of parameters. Ideally 3 or less params. Otherwise, use an options object.
- No extra variables.
- Consistent indentation
- Consistent naming convention
- Uses app specific prefix where necessary
- No duplicate styles. Re-use where applicable.