Applied Data Analytics - OSU 2019 Training Course
Repository for the training program focused on Transitions in Education and Workforce.
This program is centered around a core data analytics project. Teams will scope a project and can elect to answer one of the following questions:
- What are the earnings and employment outcomes of various credentials and degrees, remedial skills training, vocational training, or apprenticeship training?
- To what extent are the postsecondary students enrolling in majors that match to in-demand occupations?
- What proportion of postsecondary graduates work in a job that is in their field of study?
- What are the various career pathways individuals follow?
- What are the education levels and employment histories of OHFA tenants? How do these vary by age group and gender?
- How do earnings vary across domographic groups? What factors may explain these differences?
- What factors predict on-time graduation from college?
- What factors predict post-graduation employment outcomes?
The primary datasets used in the program are all stored in the PostgreSQL database called
appliedda on the ADRF. The primary datasets were provided by the Ohio Longitudinal Data Archive (OLDA), the Illinois Department of Empoyment Security, and the Missouri Department of Employment Security.
The Python3 kernel used in these notebooks was using the