A simple command line program to subscribe to youtube channels and view thumbnail links of videos in a locally generated html page. No youtube/google account needed.
- Have Node.js installed (any version higher than 6 should be fine)
- Run command
npm install -g vidlistand you are all set
- To update to latest version anytime after installation, re-run above command
- To uninstall, run
npm uninstall -g vidlist
- Unix may need
- Windows may need running cmd as admistrator
- Run and see
- Note: The program will run the same with the names:
Common Usages Example
Subscribe to a youtube channel:
vl -s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeNiqKNtpAA
Pull update from channel feed, show update progress, generate HTML and then open the HTML with your default browser:
Want to start with my recommended list of channels ?
- Save this file somewhere on your computer.
vl --import <location name of the downloaded file>
- Doesn't need any google account/API key
- Latest videos are always on top
- Processing and data are all done and kept locally, nothing runs in the background
- Basic validation and XSS protection are in place
- It is easy to see where in the
index.jsto edit to change CSS to one's liking
- Tile hover shows channel name, title hover shows video description
- Can easily add or remove channels from subscriptions
- Can easily import or export subscription list as text (JSON) file
- 0.0.7 - Prevent potential running of 'open' command until browser closes
- 0.0.6 - Minor progress/help texts fixes
This software was not produced by or directly for YouTube, LLC and has no affiliation with the LLC. Use this software only at your own volition.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.