- CommandPost uses Crashlytics to collect information about crashes in the application and extensions (hereafter known as
- Crashlytics is owned by Google.
- Audience Insights is a Crashlytics feature that benefits from an integration between Answers and Twitter. We use this feature to gather anonymous data about where CommandPost users are located in the world, so that we can make informed decisions about possible translations, and keyboard/language support.
- This feature is enabled by default.
- Users can opt-out using the CommandPost preferences window - although we'd prefer you didn't!
- Crash Data is uploaded securely to the Crashlytics servers.
- No personally identifying data is collected or transmitted by CommandPost.
- Some information about the hardware and operating system is collected and transmitted.
- The location of the CommandPost app bundle in your filesystem, is collected (e.g.
- The location of the CommandPost extensions you use, is collected (e.g.
- User-created CommandPost scripts/plugins are not collected or transmitted, nor is any personal data that may be stored by CommandPost (e.g. the contents of your clipboard, or the contents of Lua variables).
- When you "Provide Feedback" via the CommandPost menu bar, you can optionally supply your full name and email - however you have the choice of submitting anonymously. Submitting feedback will email your message to the CommandPost Developers.
Why do we do this?
- It is very important to us that CommandPost contain as few bugs as possible, particularly ones which case it to crash.
- We need your help to make this happen, so we collect low level information about which part of CommandPost has caused a crash, so we can fix it.
- We will never attempt to identify CommandPost users using the Crash Data.
- We will never sell any CommandPost Crash Data.
- We will never distribute any CommandPost Crash Data for any other purpose than the fixing of bugs.
- Some Crash Data may be distributed in the form of GitHub Issues (i.e. bug reports) if it is important/relevant for the discussion of a bug.
If you do not want to upload Crash Data:
- Click on the CommandPost menubar icon and choose
Send crash data, quit CommandPost and re-open it. The Crashlytics framework will no longer be initialised.
Third Party Links
- Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
- We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
- Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computers hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognise your browser and capture and remember certain information.
- If you have concerns about the way CommandPost is handling your User Personal Information, please let us know immediately. We want to help.