PHP Library and Sample Code for Confident CAPTCHA
version 20110315_PHP_1.2.3 - March 15th, 2011
Thank you for downloading this library and sample code.
- This library requires PHP version 5.1 or later.
- PHP must have cURL and SimpleXML support built in and enabled.
- The page that renders the Confident CAPTCHA requires jQuery 1.4.2.
- Sign up for Confident CAPTCHA at http://confidenttechnologies.com/purchase/CAPTCHA_signup.php
- Create an account at https://login.confidenttechnologies.com
- Modify config.php, filling in the API credentials from https://login.confidenttechnologies.com/dashboard/sites/
- Try out the sample code, including check.php to check your API credentials.
- Copy callback.php and the confidentcaptcha folder into your own project. Look at sample_before.php and sample_after.php to see what code is necessary to integrate Confident CAPTCHA. Be sure to include jQuery in your page.
Please send your questions and feedback to https://login.confidenttechnologies.com/dashboard/contactus/general/
- README.TXT - This document
- LICENSE - License for ConfidentCAPTCHA samples and libraries
- BSD_LICENSE - The BSD license
- GPL2_LICENSE - The GPL version 2.0 license
- config.php - Configuration items, including API credentials, for the samples and library.
- index.php - Menu for the samples and library documentation.
- check.php - Checks the local and remote configuration.
- explore.php - Explore CAPTCHA customizations without modifying the code.
- sample_before.php - An example form before adding ConfidentCAPTCHA
- sample_after.php - An example form after adding ConfidentCAPTCHA
- make_docs.sh - Script to generate the PHPDocumentor-based docs
- docs - Generated documentation folder
- callback.php - An AJAX callback page for instant feedback and audio CAPTCHAs.
- confidentcaptcha - The ConfidentCAPTCHA library code:
- ccap_api.php - Provides CCAP_Api, the direct interface to the CAPTCHA API.
- ccap_policy.php - Provides CCAP_Policy, which handles normal and abnormal API responses.
- ccap_prod_closed_policy.php - Provides CCAP_ProductionFailClosed, which stops forms when CAPTCHA creation fails (recommended for account creation forms).
- ccap_prod_open_policy.php - Provides CCAP_ProductionFailOpen, which allows forms to continue when CAPTCHA creation fails. Recommended for contact forms).
- ccap_dev_policy.php - Provides CCAP_DevelopmentPolicy, a debug implementation of CCAP_Policy.
- ccap_persist.php - Provides CCAP_PersistSession, which remembers CAPTCHA state between pages loads.
- ccap_policy_factory.php - Provides name-based creation of CCAP_Policy instances, used by CCAP_PersistSession to reload a policy.
20110315_PHP_1.2.3 - March 15th, 2010
- Add support for running Confident CAPTCHA on an HTTPS page
- Upgrade to server version 20110315
- Switch to ajax.googleapis.com CDN for jQuery, for better SSL support
$ccap_curlopt_capathfor optional cURL validation of SSL chain.
20100910_PHP_1.2.2 - September 22nd, 2010
- Send non-blank strings when user omits the
User Agentheader. Before, a blank string was sent, which caused a
400 Bad Requestand triggered the Fail Open code.
Accept Languageheader to server (preparing for automated translations)
- Send non-blank strings when user omits the
20100910_PHP_1.2.1 - September 10th, 2010
- Upgrade to server version 20100910
- Fix error when create_visual is called without options.
- In explore.php, setting grid size doesn't reset other options anymore
20100813_PHP_1.2 - August 13th, 2010
- Added support for visual CAPTCHA display_style 'modal' - Should work better with complex layouts, like most frameworks
20100621_PHP_1.1 - August 2nd, 2010
- Massive refactor of the PHP code, including changing variable names for better integration with existing code.
- Library code has been moved to the confidentcaptcha subdirectory, and has been refactored into several classes. New policy classes help handle normal and abnormal API responses.
- The sample code has been expanded into several files.
- PHPDocumentor comments have been added to the the library, and generated documentation is included in the download package.
20100621_PHP - June 21st, 2010
- Updated to work with API version 20100610
- CAPTCHA parameters are stored in session, so that similar CAPTCHA can be created on callback
- Sample implements "fail open" strategy - Forms work even when there are configuration or server issues.
20100610_PHP - June 10th, 2010
- Original (versioned) release