Cobbler in a Docker container
This repository aims to provide a fully functional Cobbler server in a Docker container. Please refer to this blog for an explanation.
Adjust the configuration files in etc/cobbler.
- In the settings file, adjust at least these settings:
Use the accompanied Makefile to set it up. Issue make <target> to make the following:
build Build the image
run Run the Docker container
- clean: Remove the docker container
- mount: Mount an iso (currently named centos.iso) located in the dist/-directory on the path dist/centos. For use with the import target.
- tty: Attach to a console inside the container
- stop: Stop the container
- start: Start the container
- import: Import a distribution into Cobbler. Currently only Centos7. Requires a centos iso to be mounted on dist/centos, see mount target.
- all: Build image, mount iso, run the container and import the distribution
- vbox: Create a VirtualBox VNIC for listening on and issuing DHCP addresses. This is for testing Cobbler functionality in combination with Virtualbox VMs. Requires a working VirtualBox installation.