Daniel J Hocking
The USGS Conte Laboratory developed an occupancy model for Brook Trout based on presence/absence data from agencies (see below) and landscape data housed in SHEDS: http://ecosheds.org/. The aim of the model was to provide predictions of occupancy (probability of presence) for catchments smaller than 200 $km^2$ in the northeastern US from Virginia to Maine. We provide predictions under current environmental conditions and for future increases in stream temperature.
- Evaluate landscape, land-use, and climate factors affecting the probability of Brook Trout occupancy in the eastern United States
- Predict current Brook Trout occupancy in each stream reach (confluence to confluence) across the region
- Forecast Brook Trout occupancy under future conditions
Project summary can be found at: http://conte-ecology.github.io/Northeast_Bkt_Occupancy/
Updating the Project Webpage
git pull origin master to ensure the local project is synched with the GitHub version.
- Edit the
index.Rmdfile on the master branch
output: html_document: keep_md: yes template: sheds-template.html
- Edit any table details such as column and row names in the resulting
- git add, commit, and push the master branch files.
- On the command line run
git checkout gh-pages
- Now in the gh-pages branch that generates the webpage, run
git checkout master --index.html. This brings the file over from the master branch.
- Add and commit the changes
git push origin gh-pages
git checkout masterto get back on the master branch.