Brafton Article Importer for BlogEngine
The Brafton Article Importer loads custom content from Brafton, ContentLEAD, and Castleford XML feeds.
- .NET Framework 3.5 or higher
- BlogEngine 2.5+ (2.7 recommended)
- If you have an old version of the extension installed, you must delete it. Your settings will be saved.
- Extract the contents of the zip file into the App_Code/Extensions folder.
- In order to enable article pictures, the BlogEngine "pics" folder must be writable by the anonymous user.
In the BlogEngine Admin section, browse to Appearance > BraftonArticleImporter. Here you will find settings to configure the importer, as described below.
These settings are for version 0.5; if you have a lower version please update before referencing this document.
These settings are required for the importer to work properly.
- Feed Provider: The domain from where your articles are served from. This will match the information given to you by your account manager.
- API Key: Your unique access key, in the format
xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx. This will match the information given to you by your account manager.
- Upload Interval: How often the importer will check for new posts, in minutes. It is highly recommended that you leave it at the default value of 180. Lower values can cause excess strain on your server.
These settings are optional, and care should be taken when undergoing modifications.
- Imported Date: Sets the "created date" of the imported article within the BlogEngine installation. This can be one of the following:
- Created Date: When the article was started by the writer
- Published Date: When the article was approved by the you, the client
- Last Modified Date: When the article was last edited by the writer
- Time of Last Upload: Marks the last time the importer was run, successfully or otherwise. Please do not make changes to this date.
- Import Content: Content types that will be imported. This should be set to Articles Only unless you have signed up for a video subscription.
- Public Key: Your public key for video subscriptions. This should be blank unless you have signed up for a video subscription.
- Secret Key: Your unique, private key for video subscriptions, in the format
xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx. This should be blank unless you have signed up for a video subscription.
- Feed Number: The feed number for video subscriptions. This should be blank unless you have signed up for a video subscription.
The importer stores a detailed log of its state and actions within App_Data/BraftonArticleImporter.log. When contacting support, please include this file to facilitate a quick response.