How does one easily live a sustainable lifestyle in Chicago? Although resources exists, they are sporatic and isolated. This app seeks to create a centralized resource to enable residents within Chicago to find resources like electric vehicle charging stations, farmers markets, parks and more in a single location.
- On page load, pending browser settings, app will pinpoint user location (or be asked)
- Zip search is limited to Chicago zips only. (60601 or 60614 as a couple of good examples to change point of reference.)
- The menu on the left will retrieve data and add markers on Google map
- Each data set has a custom pin
- Each data marker will show an info window on click displaying data for that location, which is dynamically added to each marker on data load.
- Weather is real-time and based on either Chicago or user location(not what I worked on, so I don’t recall exactly).
Technology and Languages Used
- Bootstrap w/ CSS3 Customizations
- Google Maps API
- Open Weather API
- Chicago Data Portal
- Green Roofs
- Farmers Markets
- NREL API for EV Charging Stations
- Divvy Bike Share
Database / JSON
Link to App
(https://contrapuntist.github.io/GreenChicago.cC/ "Link to app")
- Josh Miller
- Miguel Cano
- Luc Fewer II
- Amanda Gault
- Gowri Rajasekaran