The Ethical Source Definition, created by Coraline Ada Ehmke.
Project Home Page
Please feel free to submit pull requests or open issues to improve the language of this document.
You should also check the issues for the latest discussions involving the evolution of the definition.
To build the website locally, first install Hugo using your package manager of choice.
For example, on Debian/Ubuntu:
apt-get install hugo
or if you are using Arch Linux:
pacman -S hugo
or using Homebrew on macOS:
brew install hugo
Then from the repository's root directory, start the development server:
hugo server -D
We're always looking for new localizations of the Ethical Source Definition and are thankful to the volunteers who spend their time on translations.
If you are interested in doing a translation, please follow these steps:
- Fork the repository and make a branch for your translation.
- If it's a new language, add it to
config.toml, with a localized name and language code/optional region (e.g.
- To start from the English version, copy the contents of
- Create a markdown file with your translation in
- Open a pull request.
- We will put out a call to have one or more other native speakers review the translation.
- Collaborate until the translation is satisfactory.
- We will merge your translation!
- HTML and plain text versions are automatically generated from your markdown file.
- A link to your translation is automatically added to the translations page.