Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Best OPI, Yet (BOY)
CSS BOY is an Operator Interface (OPI) development and runtime environment. An OPI is a general GUI but with extra facilities to connect to your live data directly.
In BOY, the OPI Editor is a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor which allows you to create your GUI in a similar way of creating PPT. The OPI Runtime works in a similar way as modern web browsers. One can display the OPIs either in tabs, windows or views and navigate OPIs forward or backward. An OPI is a regular XML file that can be edited in OPI editor or text editor and run in OPI Runtime. No compilation is needed.
The data communication layer is a separate layer which allows BOY connecting to various data sources seamlessly. Users can provide their own data source by extending an Eclipse extension point. Currently, it supports EPICS, local, simulated and system data sources. Potentially, it could support OPC, DDS, Tango or your own data source.
BOY is a set of Eclipse plugins written in Java, which means it can be integrated in any Eclipse RCP application. It has been tested that BOY runs well on Windows, Unix and X OS platforms.
- BOY Startup - Video on YouTube
- Use Actions, Rules and Scripts - Video on YouTube
- BOY Training Slides
- Writing BOY Widgets and Custom ScriptUtil
- CSS Training
Open CSS help via Help->Help Contents. BOY online help is under CSS Applications -> Display -> Best OPI Yet.
Presentations & Paper
Sites/Projects using BOY
- Spallation Neutron Source (SNS)
- International Thermonuclear Experimental Reactor (ITER)
- Facility for Rare Isotope Beams (FRIB)
- Advanced Photon Source (APS)
- National Synchrotron Light Source II (NSLSII)
- Australian Square Kilometre Array Pathfinder (ASKAP)
- China Spallation Neutron Source (CSNS)
- And more...