Unconference live session grid
Produces an easy-to-browse session listing site based off a Google Spreadsheet. Updates live when the spreadsheet is updated. Made by Convivio
Demo site: https://unconf-session-test.herokuapp.com/
// Required: Google Developer Authentication settings UKGC_PRIVATE_KEY UKGC_CLIENT_EMAIL // Required: The URL of the spreadsheet to pull from UKGC_SPREADSHEET_URL // Option: The number of seconds to pull new session information from the google sheet // This is set to 5 seconds by default, increase this if you see the app struggling to serve requests in a timely fashion CACHE_TIMEOUT // The url of the logo image to use in the heading LOGO_URL // The name of the unconference for headings and meta tags UNCONF_NAME // Optionally set the year to filter the sessions by, defaults to current year. UKGC_YEAR
Setting up your spreadsheet
If you'd like to deviate from the columns in the spreadsheet and would like support, feel free to open an issue.
Google authentication set up
- Go to the Google Developers Console
- Select your project or create a new one (and then select it)
- Enable the Drive API for your project
- In the sidebar on the left, expand APIs & auth > APIs
- Search for "drive"
- Click on "Drive API"
- click the blue "Enable API" button
- Create a service account for your project
- In the sidebar on the left, expand APIs & auth > Credentials
- Click blue "Add credentials" button
- Select the "Service account" option
- Select "Furnish a new private key" checkbox
- Select the "JSON" key type option
- Click blue "Create" button
- your JSON key file is generated and downloaded to your machine (it is the only copy!)
- note your service account's email address (also available in the JSON key file)
- Share the doc (or docs) with your service account using the email noted above