CMEMS INSTAC KEY FACTS
- North West Shelf
- Black Sea
- history (long series of observations: one netCDF per platform)
- monthly (latest 5 years of observations: one netCDF per year&month&platform)
- latest ( latest 30 days of observations: one netCDF per year&month&day&platform)
(*) REP data products are distributed just in one (history).
The objective is facilitate the final user access either to large datasets (history), shorten ones (monthly) or just fresh ones (latest); being then up to the user which one targeting (i.e history directory for climate change monitoring; monthlly or latest for model validation etc).
For managing purposes, next to each of these folders can be found an index file that maps their content:
- history_index.txt - history directory
- monthly_index.txt - monthly directory
- latest_index.txt - latest directory
Every line of those index files (history_index.txt, monthly_index.txt,latest_index.txt) points to each one of the netCDFs contained within its asociated directory by specifying:
- region bigram
- data type format: TS (timeserie) or PR (profile)
- data sources: CT, BO, RF, MO, DB, DC, TE and more
- platform code
- NetCDF file name suffix (.nc)
- platform category (lates & history)
- timestamp: YYYYMMDD (latest),YYYYMM (monthly)
- optional subsetting code (history)
- fixed name (latest)
For non-interactive in situ dataset download, looping over the lines of the index files is advisable.