Static Site Generator with Jade, Bourbon and Neat
- Jade: For easy and fast templating
- Sass: CSS with superpowers with clean .sass syntax
- Bourbon: Best mixin library for Sass
- Neat: Grid framework for Sass and Bourbon
- Bitters: Scafold styles, variables and structure for Bourbon
- BrowserSync: Time-saving synchronised browser testing
- Gulp.js: Automate and enhance your workflow
To get started
git clone https://github.com/CosminAnca/static-io.git your-project-folder
git remote set-url origin your-repo-url
Templates are build using Jade language and datas provided from flat json files.
Before creating a new
.jade file make sure you create a new
.jade.json file inside
src/data/ folder. The name of the json file should be the same as the name of the jade file you want the data to be pulled in.
If you have to create a complex structure with multiple subpages all you need to do is to create new folders inside
src/templates/ folder and put your new
.jade files in. (E.g.
Each folder inside
src/sass includes a README file to guide you through better structuring your Sass files.
Thanks to Bitters the project will include basic styling. If you need to change this you just have to go through the
.sass files and make the modifications.
gulp-include makes inclusion of files a breeze. Enables functionality similar to that of snockets / sprockets or other file insertion compilation tools.
For any problems you encounter with this code, please create a GitHub Issue
Want to add a feature or to help improve the code? Open a Pull Request