Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
Release 3.0.0 of the C++ Micro Services project.
This is a monumental release.
During the last three years, the project gained a lot of momentum due to awesome new contributors. This community growth allowed us to work on multiple areas, including the project infrastructure as well as major framework code changes.
A non-exhaustive list of highlights is shown below.
Project organization and infrastructure changes
- Usage of C++11 features, requiring newer compiler versions (see the README)
- Modularized source code layout for additional standard bundles
- Coverity scan integration
- Website refresh using a modern single page approach
- High-level and API documentation overhaul
API additions and changes
- Extended bundle lifecycle
- Automatic memory management of services via shared pointers
LDAPFilterclass can now match filter strings against bundle manifest headers
BundleContextare returned to clients as value types
- Support for framework listeners
- Bundle resource access without loading its shared library
See the changelog for details.
For migrating from a 2.x release, have a look at the migration guide.