A mini-project created as part of the Hack Reactor pre-course curriculum to learn and get exposure to jQuery and the DOM.
It also served as a good exercise to get some hands-on work with HTML and CSS.
Tweets are randomly generated every 20-40 seconds (or when the user composes one).
- Shows the timestamps of when the tweets were created in a human-friendly way using the timeago jQuery plugin.
- Users can click on a username to see that user's timeline.
- Users can also click on a #hashtag and view on tweets with that #hashtag.
- The refresh area shows a continual count of unread tweets as they come in.
- The website title also shows how many unread tweets there are.
- A simple search was also implemented.
- A trends list is featured on the side showing the overall list.
- All users have their own profile pictures/avatars.
- Users can compose their own tweets as well.