This software is a group of modules that work with, or provide addition functionality, for iSAMS (http://isams.co.uk). See each module for its documentation.
Sends emails to tutors who have not registered all students.
Requirements: iSAMS; either a database user, or a Batch API key setup; (see below), Python 3; python packages from requirements.txt and postfix/sendmail Recommended: Linux (but should work with any OS with Python and a command-line scheduler)
- If you don't have access to iSAMS database (cloud install), you will need to use the API. If you wish to use the database directly, set CONNECTION_METHOD to 'MSSQL' in settings.py and skip to step 5
iSAMS > Control Panel > API Services Manager > Manage Batch API Keys > Request Batch API Key
- API Key mode must be set to 'Development' (note: this causes data to be pulled directly from the DB, so be wary of executing too frequently)
- Once you have a new API key, edit the Batch methods to include those in the iSAMS Batch Method Requirements section
pip install -r requirements.txtto install the required python packages (or
pip3if you have Python 2 & 3 installed)
settings_example.pyand rename it to
- Add entries to crontab, as shown below (for Windows you will probably need AT: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/313565)
iSAMS API Setup
In your Batch API methods, you need to enable the following:
# runs the first reminder at 8am Monday-Friday 0 8 * * 1-5 /usr/bin/python3 /path/to/isams-tools/isams_tools.py register_reminder --args 1 >/dev/null 2>&1 # runs the second reminder at 8:30am Monday-Friday 30 8 * * 1-5 /usr/bin/python3 /path/to/isams-tools/isams_tools.py register_reminder --args 2 >/dev/null 2>&1 # runs the final reminder at 8:45am Monday-Friday 45 8 * * 1-5 /usr/bin/python3 /path/to/isams-tools/isams_tools.py register_reminder --args 3 >/dev/null 2>&1
No setup required, but it requires database access, it does not work with the API.
The module has checks for the following common data issues, upon finding any, it emails a specified email in
- Show duplicate pupil entries in set lists
- Show mismatches between timetabled teachers and specified set teachers
- Show duplicate grade entries in a given report cycle
- Show pupils in more than one set for the same subject
python3 /path/to/isams-tools/isams_tools.py data_checks