2012 Dan Wilcox, et al.
Download FaceOSC and get started with a template project for one of the following creative coding environments:
- requires the OscP5 library
- currently requires OF version 007
- make sure to copy the FaceOSCReceiver folder into the openframeworks/apps/myApps folder (it must be 3 levels deep)
- requires the CNMAT Everything for Max package for the (OSC-route) object
- Pure Data Extended
- requires Pd-Extended for the [OSCroute] and [udpreceive] objects (part of the mrpeach external included in Pd-Extended)
Make sure FaceOSC is running and a face is detected (face mesh is drawn). The face detection runs very slowly (0.5 fps) while searching for a face. It speeds up to around 30fps once one is found. Also, make sure you face is evenly lit.
- FaceOSC uses port 8338 by default for OSC communication
- the FaceOSC window size is 640 x 480
If you are using an older version (007, ...) of OpenFrameworks then you want to use a git tag of this repo for that version. You can select the tag in the Github "Current Branch" menu or clone and check it out using git.
For example, the following commands will clone and switch to the OF 007 tagged version:
git clone git://github.com/CreativeInquiry/FaceOSC-Templates.git cd FaceOSC-Templates git checkout of-007
The current master branch shoudl work with the current OF and a tag will only be created when there is an appreciable change in OF, so there may not be a tag for every version of OF.