Crisis Cleanup is a web platform that connects disaster recovery organization volunteers with people who need help after a disaster. The Crisis Cleanup platform has been used to connected 323,140 volunteers from 1,178 organizations with 56,511 households in 38 states and 95 disasters in 6 countries; a new disaster every two weeks.
Crisis Cleanup works best in a collaborative environment where multiple voluntary organizations and agencies work together and coordinate efforts. Because these organizations do not take orders from one another, Crisis Cleanup is designed to facilitate Collaborative Accountability models of inter-agency interaction, rather than command-and-control operations, or or heirarchical accountability models of interaction.
This is the repository for the main Crisis Cleanup web application, a collaborative map-based coordination tool. This implementation is built with Ruby on Rails, a PostgreSQL database and run on the Heroku stack. A newer version of Crisis Cleanup is under development, written in Python and Vue.js, located at: https://github.com/CrisisCleanup/crisiscleanup-web
Join us on our Slack channels - https://crisiscleanup.slack.com
Other Project Stats (As of 2018-07-20)
- 25%: Increase in volunteer efficiency through re-engagement and elimination of time spent on travel, coordination, collaboration, and management.
- 14,127: Households that could not have been helped without Crisis Cleanup.
- 3.4 Million: Number of volunteer hours facilitated.
- 848,000: Volunteer hours that would have otherwise been wasted in management, travel, and overhead without Crisis Cleanup.
- $397.0 Million: Minimum total market value of services to survivors.
- $1229: Value of each cleanup volunteer to his/her community.
- $99.3 Million: Market value of services to survivors that would have otherwise been wasted in travel, management, overhead, and standing in lines.
- $45,261: Money Crisis Cleanup has saved survivors every single day since July 18, 2012.
- $10,401: Average commercial value of service to each homeowner.
- $221: Return on investment to survivors, for every $1 invested in Crisis Cleanup. How we calculate these statistics: http://blog.crisiscleanup.org/2017/10/how-we-calculate-value-of-services.html
Find out more
- Crisis Cleanup homepage: https://www.crisiscleanup.org/
- Help & Support: https://crisiscleanup.zendesk.com/
- Demo app: https://crisiscleanup-demo.herokuapp.com/
- Blog: http://blog.crisiscleanup.org/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/CrisisCleanup
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CrisisCleanup/
- Crisis Cleanup v.1 Github Repository: https://github.com/aarontitus/crisiscleanup-legacy
- Crisis Cleanup v.2 Github Repository: https://github.com/CrisisCleanup/crisiscleanup
- Crisis Cleanup v.3 Github Repository: https://github.com/CrisisCleanup/crisiscleanup-web
We thank BrowserStack for supporting Crisis Cleanup by providing live and automated browser testing tools.