A Docker container to set up a mirror of Wikipedia using Caddy Server.
This is a work in progress, the goal is to have a Docker container and a set of scripts so that it is super easy (and fast!) to deploy a Wikipedia mirror. Ideally, you should only need a domain and a server with Docker.
This should work like this:
- Set up a DNS record for your domain/subdomain;
- Deploy wikimirror on a server that supports Docker;
- Enjoy your new mirror of Wikipedia.
wikilinks point to the respective domain at wikipedia.org, this issue is tracked on Phabricator as Core should be aware of the domain it is running on and render mobile domains where necessary(wikilinks seems correct, even if the bug is still valid).
- when visiting from mobile, the user gets redirected to
<lang>.m.wikipedia.orgregardless of the originating doman, the right thing to do would be redirect users to
- given the rate limits for certificates from Let's Encrypt of 20 certificates and the fact that each subdomain
<lang>.wikipedia.orghas its own certificate and also a corresponding mobile website at
<lang>.m.wikipedia.org, so only 10 languages are supported at the moment. Currently [June 2017] they are the 9 biggest Wikipedias by number of articles and Turkish Wikipedia. See also this thread "How to serve many subdomains?" on the Caddy community forum.