I'm redesigning the Daishi-Prime (Daishi case that uses a plate), so stay tuned for that I guess.
If you're interested in designing your own keyboard, I recommend https://github.com/ruiqimao/keyboard-pcb-guide to learn PCB design, https://beta.docs.qmk.fm/ for how to use QMK, and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5bc9c3S12g&list=PL40d7srwyc_Ow4aaOGXlP2idPGwD7ruKg to get started with Fusion 360.
Other invaluable resources:
- http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/ to design your layout
- http://builder.swillkb.com/ to generate a plate (though I do recommend doing it manually if it's going to be more complex than a rectangle with a few holes)
- https://discordapp.com/invite/Uq7gcHh for the QMK discord (super helpful folks who are way better at this than me)
- https://www.laserboost.com/ to get a metal plate cut
- https://www.ponoko.com/ to get an acrylic plate cut
- https://jlcpcb.com/ cheapest PCB manufacturer I've found
Check the BoM to find links to places where you can buy all the components for cheaper than I was able to.
All I ask is that if you do build one of these please send me pics!