Facebook Portal Setup
1. Login to https://developers.facebook.com and create a new application.
2. Go to settings section to add your android and ios platforms.
3. Click on add platform and then select Android.
4. Generate a hash for the keystore you will sign the apk with and add the generated hash to android platform config.
Mac: keytool -exportcert -alias <KEY_STORE_ALIAS> -keystore <KEY_STORE_PATH> | openssl sha1 -binary | openssl base64 Windows: keytool -exportcert -alias <KEY_STORE_ALIAS> -keystore <KEY_STORE_PATH> | openssl sha1 -binary | openssl base64
Make sure to use the password that you set when you first created the keystore.
5. Add your package name and full class name for your Activity.
<package name> + <namespace> + <class name> Example: com.crossgeeks.facebookclient.facebookclientsample.Droid.MainActivity
6. Click on add platform then select iOS.
7. Enter the bundle identifier for your iOS application on iOs platform config.
Enable sharing content setup (Optional)
If your app is public on Facebook developer portal, you should be able to test sharing with any users.
If your application isn't yet public then you need to add the users you want to be able to test sharing.
Add your testers.
Note: This will allow you to test any additional permissions needed just within your testers group since is not yet approved for public use, so will just work for people added on Roles section, until you submit for approval by clicking on Edit Details and following the steps described there. Until permissions are not on green state are not yet approved (This applies for all permissions that are not approved by default).
There are few permissions approved by default. Which are: "email" , "public_profile", "user_friends"
<= Back to Table of Contents