MyLists is a website with a nice and clear interface for you to list all the series, anime, movies, games and books you've watched/read/played. It regroups the functionalities of different site in one. It integrates statistics like: watched time, comments, favorites and more. You can follow people, see their lists and compare it to yours.
Live version here: https://mylists.info.
- Create a list for all your series, anime, movies, games and books.
- Get statistics about your lists (Time spent, number of episodes watched, prefered genres, etc...)
- Get informed of your next series, anime and movies to airs.
- Follows your friends and get updates.
- Compare your lists with your follows.
- Notifications system
- More to come!
- Python 3.6, 3.7, 3.8, 3.9+ (Developed and tested with these versions)
- WSL2 if using Windows for the local test of
git clone https://www.github.com/Crossoufire/MyLists.git cd MyLists pip3 install -r requirements.txt
Before starting the program, you MUST create a
.env file respecting the following syntax:
SQLALCHEMY_DATABASE_URI=sqlite:///your-db-name.db MAIL_SERVER=<your-mail-server> MAIL_PORT=<port> MAIL_USE_SSL=<True|False> MAIL_USE_TLS=<True|False> MAIL_USERNAME=<email@example.com> MAIL_PASSWORD=<password> THEMOVIEDB_API_KEY=<themoviedb-api-key> GOOGLE_BOOKS_API_KEY=<google-books-api-key> CLIENT_IGDB=<igdb-client-id> SECRET_IGDB=<igdb-secret> IGDB_API_KEY=<igdb-api-key> SECRET_KEY=<change-me> ENV=<development|production> SESSION_COOKIE_SECURE=<True|False> SESSION_COOKIE_HTTPONLY=<True|False> TESTING=<True|False> FLASK_DEBUG=<True|False>
If you need more settings, feel free to adapt it as you want.
To test the project locally, you should modify the
.env file with these values:
ENV=development SESSION_COOKIE_SECURE=False TESTING=True FLASK_DEBUG=True
Then run the command
python3 Run.py and open the link http://localhost:5000.
When you run the program for the first time, it will create 3 users: one
manager and one
all the same password
user- Standard user
manager- Standard user with the right to manage media:
- Can lock any media, so it won't be updated anymore by the API (Usefull for old media and API rate limits).
- When a media is locked, you can edit the metadata.
admin- Used for administration tasks (access to all
/adminpages). Should not be used as a standard user account. Does not appear in the "Hall of Fame" and his statistics are not taken into account.
We started this project to fulfill our needs. The live version https://mylists.info runs on a raspberry pi 4, thus not meant to be used by a lot of people at the same time, but if you can see the register button at the top right of the homepage, feel free to do it. Otherwise, you can run your own version of MyLists ;).