Effortlessly centralize community, product, and customer data
Table of Contents
- About crowd.dev
- Getting started
- Stay up-to-date
- Book a call
crowd.dev is the Developer Data Platform (DDP) that allows companies to centralize all touch points developers have with their product and brand, whether in the community (e.g., Stack Overflow or Reddit), product (open-source or SaaS), or commercial channels (e.g., HubSpot).The platform pulls data from various sources, normalizes it, matches identities across platforms, and enriches it with third-party data. The result is a unified 360-degree view of the developers who engage with your product and community, the companies they work for, and their position in their personal customer journey.
crowd.dev is open-source, built with developers in mind, available for both hosted and self-hosted deployments, open to extensions, and offers full control over your data.
To our users:
- You can get actively involved, contribute to our roadmap, and turn crowd.dev into the tool you've always wanted.
- We are open about what we are building, allowing you to take a look inside, and ensuring that we handle your data in a privacy-preserving way.
- Our interests as a company are aligned with yours, and we need to ensure that we always deliver enough value to you with our commercial offering in relation to our pricing.
To our developer community:
- You can self-host crowd.dev to centralize data for your community or company while keeping full control over your data.
- Our product is built for extensibility. If you can think of any use cases that you want to build with the data we collect and store for you, please go ahead and build them! We will be here to help out if you need us.
- You can actively contribute to crowd.dev (e.g. integrations), and we will be supporting you along the journey. Just take a look at our Contributing guide.
- Plug & play integrations to tie all relevant platforms - like GitHub, Discord, Slack, or LinkedIn - together. (all integrations)
- Identity resolution & automated segmentation to effortlessly understand activities and profiles across platforms.
- Opinionated analytics & reports on topics like product-market-fit and open-source community activity to further inform your GTM strategy.
- Workflows automation with webhooks.
- 2-way CRM sync & Slack alerts to get notified about intent events in real-time. [cloud only]
- User enrichment with 25+ attributes, including emails, social profiles, work experience, and technical skills. [cloud only]
- Organization enrichment with 50+ attributes, including industry, headcount, and revenue. [cloud only]
- Sentiment analysis and conversation detection to stay on top of what's going on in your open-source community. [cloud only]
- Eagle Eye: Monitor dev-focused community platforms to find relevant content to engage with, helping you to gain developers’ mindshare and grow your community organically [cloud only]
Our cloud version is a fast, easy, and free way to get started with crowd.dev.
To get started with self-hosting, take a look at our self-hosting docs.
Deployment with Kubernetes
Our services can be deployed using Kubernetes, as well as a lightweight development environment using Docker. You can read more about it in our self-hosting docs.
We currently support all our integrations for self-hosting. For each one of them, you will need to create your own application. You can see the steps for each integration in our self-hosting integrations guide.
- Get the mono repo from GitHub
git clone email@example.com:CrowdDotDev/crowd.dev.git
- Run the start script
cd scripts ./cli start
For hot reloading, you can run
cd scripts ./cli clean-start-dev
This app will be available at http://localhost:8081
For more information on development, you can check our docs.
crowd.dev is still in beta and we ship new features every week. To stay in the loop, leave us a star and subscribe to our monthly newsletter. Thanks a lot! ❤️
There are many ways you can contribute to crowd.dev! Here are a few options:
- Star this repo
- Create issues every time you feel something is missing or goes wrong
- Upvote issues with 👍 reaction so we know what's the demand for a particular issue to prioritize it within the roadmap
If you would like to contribute to the development of the project, please refer to our Contributing guide.
All contributions are highly appreciated. 🙏
Distributed under the Apache 2.0 License. See
LICENSE for more information.
Our self-hosted version can be run and deployed by default under the permissive Apache 2.0 license. All premium components will be hidden and inactive with the default configuration. You can run, deploy, and contribute to the app without fearing a violation of the premium license. Check out the premium self-hosted features docs to know more about the premium self-hosted features.
We take security very seriously. If you come across any security vulnerabilities, please disclose them by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate your help in making our platform as secure as possible and are committed to working with you to resolve any issues quickly and efficiently.
Book a call
Schedule a call with a crowd.dev team member to learn more about our product and ensure you get the most out of it.