Centralize community, product, and customer data to understand who is engaging with your open source project.
Cloud Version (Beta) | Docs | Discord | Twitter | Newsletter | Roadmap
crowd.dev is an open-source platform to centralize community, product, and customer data to understand who is engaging with your open source project.
More than 90% of companies use open-source software. Yet, most of these companies are unaware of the highly relevant commercial offerings of open-source projects. For open-source companies, tapping into this audience is the most significant opportunity for commercialization. What stands in the way? Go-To-Market teams lack needed data across community engagement, interaction with developer docs, and self-hosted deployments.
With crowd.dev, you get full visibility into all platforms and can take actions to strengthen and grow your company’s most valuable asset - your developer community. Self-hosted or hosted by us, with developers in mind, open to extensions, and with full control over your data.
- Plug & play integrations to tie all relevant platforms - like GitHub, Discord, Slack, or LinkedIn - together. (all integrations)
- Identity resolution & automated segmentation to effortlessly understand activities and profiles across platforms.
- Opinionated analytics & reports on topics like product-market-fit and open-source community activity to further inform your GTM strategy.
- Workflows automation with webhooks.
- 2-way CRM sync & Slack alerts to get notified about intent events in real-time. [cloud only]
- User enrichment with 25+ attributes, including emails, social profiles, work experience, and technical skills. [cloud only]
- Organization enrichment with 50+ attributes, including industry, headcount, and revenue. [cloud only]
- Sentiment analysis and conversation detection to stay on top of what's going on in your open source community. [cloud only]
- Eagle Eye: Monitor dev-focussed community platforms to find relevant content to engage with, helping you to gain developers’ mindshare and grow your community organically [cloud only]
🔔 Stay up-to-date
crowd.dev is still in beta and we ship new features every week. To stay in the loop, leave us a star and subscribe to our monthly newsletter. Thanks a lot!
🚀 Getting started
Our cloud version is a fast, easy and free way to get started with crowd.dev.
To get started with self-hosting, take a look at our self-hosting docs.
Deployment with Kubernetes
Our services can be deployed using Kubernetes, as well as a lightweight development environment using Docker. You can read more about it in our self-hosting docs.
We currently support all our integrations for self-hosting. For each one of them you will need to create your own application. You can see the steps for each integration in our self-hosting integrations guide.
- Node v16.16.0
- Docker and docker-compose
- Get the mono repo from GitHub
git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:CrowdDotDev/crowd.dev.git
- Run the start script
cd scripts ./cli start
For hot reloading, you can run
cd scripts ./cli clean-start-dev
App will be available at http://localhost:8081
For more information on development, you can check our docs.
You can find more features on our public roadmap. Feel free to also open an issue for anything you're missing.
There are many ways you can contribute to crowd.dev! Here are a few options:
- Star this repo
- Create issues every time you feel something is missing or goes wrong
- Upvote issues with
👍reaction so we know what's the demand for particular issue to prioritize it within roadmap
If you would like to contribute to the development of the project, please refer to our Contributing guide.
All contributions are highly appreciated.
Distributed under the Apache 2.0 License. See
LICENSE for more information.
Our self-hosted version can be run and deployed by default following the permissive Apache 2.0 license. All premium components will be hidden and inactive with the default configuration. You can run, deploy, and contribute to the app without fearing to violate the premium license. Check out the premium self-hosted features docs to know more about the premium self-hosted features.
We take security very seriously. If you come across any security vulnerabilities, please disclose them by sending an email to email@example.com. We appreciate your help in making our platform as secure as possible and are committed to working with you to resolve any issues quickly and efficiently.
crowd.dev is powered by these awesome projects: