The Android-Device-ID Project intends to provide freely available (GPLv3) XML files for the identification of Android devices.
There are three main ways to contribute to the project:
- Fork the code.
- Fill in any missing devices entries you can provide; these must come from either a stock device or a stock build.prop.
- Submit a pull request.
Submit a new issue with at least the following:
When you go this route, please submit a new issue for each device, with the name of the issue being the device these parameters are for.
Download 0xD34D's OpenBuildProp application, run on a stock device & submit the build.prop. Once the build.prop is submitted, you can uninstall the application.
The source of this application can be found here.
Additional Notes When Contributing
- Use the exact values that are contained in the build.prop properties.
- All indentations should be 4 spaces, not a tab.
- If a device has more than one common name (happens often with HTC), use the most common name.
- If there are multiple different variants of the ro. values, make a new device entry for each one, and note the conflicts in the description.
- Only submit complete device entries.
- If a new manufacture is added to the project, please have the filename in upper case, with a lower case file extension.
Special Thanks to all contributors:
Adam Lange, Anup Cowkur, Gunther ART, Markus Guidry, Itzael Martinez, Jacob Soo, Shen Ye, adumont, uberlaggydarwin, civicsiracer06, pylerSM