Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
== Screenprinting ==
Learn how to make your own economical screens and print your own designs over and over!
Recommended for: All Ages == Notes ==
Leader should provide all the materials to make the screens plus paper to print on, but can encourage kids to bring other materials they might want to print on, such as bags, shirts, pillowcases!
- Use the link to the left for great instructions on making the screens.
- It is essential to make sure the kids put their contact paper designs on the flat side of the screen and then flip over to print, or else the squeegee will lift up the contact paper.
- For the best results, keep the designs simple at first.
- We were able to cut 24 screens out of 3 yards of screen material.
- Kids love glow-in-the-dark ink. Make sure you get ink that sets to fabric.
- For faster ink setting, use a heat gun. Be careful not to hold the heat gun too close to the fabric or it will burn!