Current Features that workflowy doesn't have:
- Real-time editing.
- Revision Control.
- (Support for aliasing/Multiple-parents is basically done).
- (Latex+Markdown Editor is basically done.)
Features that workflowy has that I haven't implemented yet:
- Tagging. //(This is actually really hard to implement well).
- General CSS
- Offline editing
- A Mobile app
- A bunch of small things.
- It doesn't look that great right now, but neither did a bunch of famous sites.
Documentation + Todos:
Installation and Usage
- A throwaway database account is provided. But, you can edit /config/config.js with your own credentials. A throwaway google API account is also provided, but you can edit config/auth.js with your own credentials. If you do either of these, make sure to run the "git --assume-unchanged" command (described below) to prevent your details from being uploaded.
- You need to log-in with google in order to make any changes to the document.
Setting up a Google API account
If you look at /config/auth.js, you'll be able to find fill in your Google API credentials. https://console.developers.google.com/project
Click on the "Apis & Auth > Credentials" tab. This is what you want things to look like: http://i.imgur.com/0UU7bF3.png
You'll also want to run the --assume-unchanged command on the config directory, so you don't push up your configuration details to github. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17195861/undo-a-git-update-index-assume-unchanged-file