3. Add metadata
- Add metadata to the dataset folder
- In the Data window, click the checkbox next to the folder.
- Select Metadata > Edit / View Metadata
- Alternatively, you can choose Edit / View Metadats from the three dot menu next to the file.
- Click on + Select Template and and choose the DOI Request - DataCite4.1 metadata template.
- Complete the required fields (marked with an asterisk) and as many of the optional fields as possible.
- Save the template.
- For more information, including how to apply metadata in bulk, see Using Metadata in the DE.
- You may add any additional metadata that is appropriate. We encourage the use of additional metadata to make your data better understood and more discoverable.
- We encourage the use of metadata on subfolders and individual files in your datasets.
Be sure to include at least 3 subject key words or phrases, so that people can discover your data!