Creating a CyVerse Account
Create a new CyVerse account and sign up for CyVerse services.
- Valid email addressYou will need a valid email address. It is highly recommended that you use an institutional email address (e.g. .edu, .org, or .gov); access to some platforms may be restricted for international and/or non-institutional users)
Ensure Java Script is enabled on your web browser. A pop-up blocker or other notification symbol may indicate this.
- Go to the CyVerse user portal: https://user.cyverse.org/
- From the popup, click the < Sign up link.
- Complete the registration process
Choose a short, easy-to-remember username. Username must be lowercase and have at least 3 characters. First character must be a lowercase letter. Usernames may only contain lowercase letters, numbers, dashes and underscores
- Check your email for an account confirmation link and follow the confirmation instructions.
Check your SPAM for the confirmation email if it does not arrive within a few minutes
Once you have confirmed your email address, you can start using your CyVerse account right away!
Register for additional services:
The services listed below require you to request access. Don't worry if you are undecided—you can request access now, or at any time.
- Atmosphere - The CyVerse cloud platform where you can create custom Linux-based virtual machines or use existing ones (your account must be linked to an .edu email address to register).
- Bisque - A platform for managing images and their metadata that allows you to analyze image data in more than 100 file formats.
- CoGe - The Comparative Genomics platform gives you access to thousands of genomes and a variety of tools for genome analysis.
- DNA Subway- DNA Subway makes high-level genome analysis broadly available to students and educators, and provides easy access to the types of data and informatics tools that drive modern biology. Using the intuitive metaphor of a subway map, DNA Subway organizes research-grade bioinformatics analysis tools into logical workflows and presents them in an appealing interface.
- TARGeT - An advanced pipeline for the detection of transposable elements.
To register for Atmosphere or other services, login to the user portal's dashboard (https://user.cyverse.org/dashboard ). Under "My Services" click the 'Request Access' button next to the additional service. You will receive an email notification when the service is added; this may take up to 24 hours.
Additional information, help
Post your question to the user forum: Ask CyVerse
Fix or improve this documentation
Fix this tutorial on GitHub: GitHub
Send a note: Tutorials@CyVerse.org