Intro to Express
This repository contains an introduction to using the Node.js web application framework Express. I'm creating this in preparation for a presentation I'll be doing December 13, 2017 for the Western MA Development Technology User Group.
Table of Contents
- Hello World
- RESTful API
- Data Access
- Rendering Web Pages
- Session Management
- Install Node.js and npm (included)
- Installs globally (PATH) for convenience
- Use any text editor of your choice. Having a debugger is nice but optional.
- Node.js debugging is supported out-of-the-box by VSCode.
- There's also a Node.js Tools extension for Visual Studio.
- Or use
node inspectif you're hardcore.
Running the code samples
- Clone this repository
npm installfrom this directory
node <filename>from within any of the numbered subdirectories (e.g.
- If you're using VSCode, just open any code sample file and press F5 to start debugging