Visual Studio Code Extension Samples
This repository was created for my presentiation on September 26, 2018 for the Western MA Development Technology user group. It contains all of the code samples and resources covered in the session.
Code samples in this repository
- Word Count (source)
- GitHub Issue Viewer example
How to run code samples
- From the directory of one of the individual code samples (eg. github-issue-tracker), run
npm installto install dependencies.
- Close any open instances of VS Code. From the same directory as step 1, run
npm testto install VS Code as a dependency and perform a sanity check.
- Open the folder for one of the individual code samples (eg. github-issue-tracker) in VS Code. Open extension.ts and press F5 to start debugging.
- Mock Debugger: https://github.com/Microsoft/vscode-mock-debug
- Publishing Extensions: https://code.visualstudio.com/docs/extensions/publish