Welcome to the mod.io SDK repository, built using C and C++. It allows game developers to host and automatically install user-created mods in their games. It connects to the mod.io API, and documentation for its functions can be viewed here.
If you are a game developer and want to add mod.io SDK functionality to your project visit our documentation overview. Our getting started guide is a good place to start if you are completely new to mod.io.
Our SDK is public and open source. Game developers are welcome to utilize it directly, to add support for mods in their games, or fork it to create plugins and wrappers for other engines and codebases. Many of these contributions are shared here. Want to make changes to our SDK? Submit a pull request with your recommended changes to be reviewed.
mod.io SDK wrappers are available for the following languages and engines:
- Haxe wrapper for game engines such as OpenFL, Kha or awe5. Available on Github.
- Unreal Engine integration tutorial and plugin on the works.
Are you creating a wrapper? Let us know!
Learn how to build mod.io SDK in our building instruction guide.
- Fork it
- Add new features
git checkout -b my-new-feature git commit -am 'Add some feature' git push origin my-new-feature
- Create a pull request
Reporting a bug
If you're unable to find an open issue addressing the problem, open a new one. Be sure to include a title and clear description, as much relevant information as possible, and a code sample or an executable test case demonstrating the expected behavior that is not occurring.
Our aim with mod.io, is to provide an open modding API. You are welcome to view, fork and contribute to our other codebases in use:
- Design is public and open source, the repository can be found here.
- API documentation is public and open source, the repository can be found here.
- Browse engine tools, plugins and wrappers created by the community, or share your own.
- Unity plugin, easily manage the browsing and install of mods in Unity Engine games
- Python wrapper, a python wrapper for the mod.io API
- Rust wrapper, rust interface for mod.io