Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Welcome to the DevTracker (aid-platform-beta) repository.
- Overview - Architectural overview of the aid-platform-beta (Development Tracker) solution.
- Setting up an Environment - instructions for setting up a production like environment on Ubuntu.
- [Advanced Apache setup] (wiki/Advanced-setup-for-Apache) - how to set up search and build on Apache
- Github pull request protocol - Steps to follow when doing a Github pull request.
- Reverting a GitHub pull request - Useful guide for when you accidentally merge a pull request. But don't do it in the first place, it's not pretty.
- Data load/deploy safety protocol - This includes some extra steps to ensure that you do a safe data load or deploy.
- Make commits meaningful: Keep the commit tree tidy and meaningful. GDS have a a great style guide for Git. Be descriptive - "fixed bugs" is not good enough :)
- Git Worflow - Nice example of a typical git workflow
- Definition of Done - How to know if something is complete.
- Data Problems - what happens when you don't see the data you expect?
- Installing Neo4J webadmin on your Dev box - instructions to set up Neo4J webadmin to interrogate data.
- Useful Queries - Code Snippets that you can run when diagnosing issue with the system or during development of new features
- Learning Resources
- [Loading partner files] (wiki/A-quick-checklist-to-successfully-load-partner-files) - what are the mandatory elements and attribute to load a partner file information in development tracker?
- [Sector data calculation] (wiki/Sectors)
- Managing regions
- Managing countries
- Managing the top 5s
- Loading new iati data sources
- Deploying the site
- List of safe files for data loading
We welcome pull requests - please make sure that you have fully documented the change you are proposing and the tests that you have run to ensure the change is robust.
Issues and feedback
Please raise issues on the Issues page here. DFID staff will be able to answer questions but please do bear in mind that we may not have sufficient time to respond quickly.