The DPlatform's Package Manager
- choice among dozens of applications
- easy install, backup and modification of configurations
- support a wide range of systems (UN*Xes, x86, ARM) - distribution agnostic
- can use systemd or OpenRC for system services
- independent of your system's package manager - self-contained, statically linked binaries
- standalone installations bundled with all dependencies - DDPM can be safely removed
Supported architectures are
arm64 (thanks to @jirutka).
For Rapberry Pi 3, a 64-bit OS like Armbian is recommended, and needed to run DPPM, instead of a 32-bit Raspbian.
Still, an issue is open for
dppm with the helper:
sh -c "APP=dppm-static $(wget -qO- https://raw.githubusercontent.com/DFabric/apps-static/master/helper.sh)"
The binary is
bin/dppm on the directory. Place it wherever you want (e.g.
wget -qO- can be replaced by
Get the pre-compiled binary called
dppm-static_*, and extract it.
To show the help:
To list available packages (applications, built and available packages):
dppm m list
A typical installation can be:
# add a new application to the system dppm m app add [application] # start the service and auto start the service at boot dppm service start [application] dppm service boot [application] true
If not specified, an user, group and application name will be created.
build the missing required packages.
Root execution is needed to add a system service (systemd or OpenRC)
To follow last application logs:
dppm logs -f [application]
How to build
You will need a Crystal development environment
crystal build src/dppm.cr
For more informations, see the official docs
Copyright (c) 2018 Julien Reichardt - ISC License