Improved version here
Election Markup Language (EML) to csv converter
Election Markup Language (EML) is an international standard for storing election data. The Dutch Electoral Council (Kiesraad) uses the EML format to publish election results per candidate, per polling station. For background information, see this blog post.
parse_eml.py converts EML files from the Kiesraad to csv files.
- Create a project folder with subfolders
- Download election results here, unzip, and store in the data folder.
parse_eml.pyfrom the script folder.
- The csv files will be stored in
- The script appears to work for Lower House (TK), Provincial Council (PS) and City Council (GR) election results, but not for referendums and Senate (EK) election results.
- I have no idea whether non-Dutch election results in EML format can be parsed with this script.
- Please check the results; they are not guaranteed to be accurate.