Have your clock tell you the time in full written sentences by lighting up hidden words in a grid of random letters. The face can also be easily swapped once complete to give it almost any style or look you like. The Word Clock uses a Real Time Clock module to read the current time & toggle individual LEDs within an LED Matrix. Each individual LED corresponds to specific written sentence.
Full Step-by-Step Guide: Word Clock by DIY Machines
- Arduino Compatible & Requires only a Single LED 8x8 Matrix.
- Full Customizable Clock Face & Sentences.
Prerequisites & Dependencies
- Arduino Nano
- NeoPixel NeoMatrix 8x8 64 RGB LED
- Adafruit DS3231 Precision RTC Breakout
Software: You will need to install the following libraries:
- RTC Libraries: RTClib
- Daylight Saving RTC Library: DST_RTC
- Adafruit Core Graphics Library: Adafruit_GFX
- Adafruit NeoPixel Library: Adafruit_NeoPixel
- Adafruit_GFX-compatible Library for NeoPixel Grids: Adafruit_NeoMatrix
Are you a programmer, engineer or designer who has a great idea for a new feature in the World Clock? Maybe you have a good idea for a bug fix? Feel free to grab the code, schematics & CAD files from Github and tinker with it. Contributor List