The Metadata Assessment Tools Wiki is curated and maintained by the DLF Assessment Interest Group Metadata Working Group (DLF AIG MWG). The DLF AIG MWG Tools sub-group collects information about--and enhances access to--various metadata assessment tools to support professionals who analyze, collect, create, enhance, manipulate, and/or validate various kinds of metadata. Information about these tools is published in this regularly updated Github wiki.
To browse the tools in the DLF MWG wiki:
- Scroll down to learn more about each tool. Tools are organized first by type and then alphabetically by name.
To select a specific tool:
- Use the sidebar on the right. Tools are organized alphabetically by name.
To suggest a tool be added to the wiki:
- Please fill out our project proposal form!
To recommend a change to our website or tool wiki:
- Please fill out our website change request form!
List of tools
- A Python library for parsing, munging, and validating machine readable data.
- A Python library for working with XML, XSLT, and HTML.
- A Python Library for data analysis.
- A Python Library for parsing and processing MARC data.
- Google Analytics allows a user to discover information on a variety of topics, including links selected, files downloaded, and how a website's features have been used.
MetadataQA harvest, analysis
- A command line tool for harvesting and assessing OAI or DPLA metadata feeds.
- A GUI tool for data normalization and reconciliation that can be run in a web browser.