Contribute to DataMapper
Wed Aug 29 20:37:00 +0930 2007
DataMapper is always looking for more contributors. When you've got an itch to scratch, jump in and contribute! Write a few specs showing us how your code works, create a patch and submit it as a new ticket or a fix for an existing one. After a few patches and many thanks, you'll get commit access.
We benchmark all but the most trivial of patches, because we care about performance and you should too!
What we need
Currently DataMapper needs help in a few particular areas:
- API Documentation (using the YARD documentation style)
- Tutorials (we think the Django documentation guidelines are a good model)
- Bug Reports (we use Lighthouse)
Git - Edge DataMapper
DataMapper development uses Git SCM. Please see using git to learn how to contribute. For detailed instructions how to get a proper development setup for datamapper up and running, have a look at the edge guide.
Code Style Guidelines
When contributing any code to DataMapper, please follow these guidelines:
- Code should match the style guide
- Specs are required
- Documentation is required (use the YARD documentation style)
*[YARD]: Yet Another Ruby Documentation (tool)