Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Welcome to the LPManager wiki!
The Language Pack Manager is a DNN module that allows you to open up editing of language files (resx files) to other users. The goal is to help you coordinate/manage/delegate translation of DNN stuff. In the settings screen you specify which locales are editable and which resources.
When do you want to use Language Pack Manager ?
The module was developed to help 'country/locale leaders' delegate the translation effort. After discussions with various European colleagues it emerged that the pace of DNN releases + their own workload was preventing them from keeping up with language pack releases. It would be a lot easier if these people could create a central DNN site and give access to a group of translators that work on this. It was designed to provide quick overviews of all texts side-by-side so you see what still needs to be done.
What were the goals of the Localization Editor?
- Allow delegation of translation to individual users based on user X can translate module Y/core into locale Z
- Packs are created on the fly based on the latest translations
- Proper version management of texts and translations. Be able to edit an old pack and download old packs
- Support for generic languages. A user can do the translation for ‘fr’ and those translations will download into the fr-FR pack
- Allow the translation of non-installed items. The manager will upload a new version of module X into the module and the module will extract the resources
- Use automatic translation to improve productivy