uid: dnn-overview locale: en title: An Overview of DNN Solutions dnnversion: 09.02.00 related-topics: administrators-included-modules-overview,requirements,product-versions,control-bar-to-persona-bar,persona-bar-by-role,providers,more-resources
An Overview of DNN Solutions
DNN offers three primary products:
- DNN Platform is an open, extensible, secure, and scalable content management system for ASP.NET. Hundreds of thousands of businesses around the world, from small local businesses to Global 1000 companies, depend on the DNN Platform as their website authoring environment.
- DNN Evoq Content includes everything in the DNN Platform, plus additional features to make it easier to publish great content.
- DNN Evoq Engage includes everything in the DNN Evoq Content, plus additional features focused on building a community and on social activities.
DNN products are designed around the needs of several personas or organization roles involved in publishing a website.
- Superusers (also known as hosts) manage the web servers and the DNN installation, which could support multiple websites. Superusers have full access to all websites in the DNN installation and are essentially site admins for all the sites.
- Site administrators manage an individual website (formerly portal). Site administrators have access only within their assigned website(s).
- Developers extend the functionality of DNN products by using the DNN APIs to build third-party add-on modules, which can be installed into the system.
- Designers provide a wide variety of themes (formerly skins) that change the appearance of the websites.
- Content Editors or Content Creators provide the content assets or components that are displayed on the website.
- Content Managers curate content and decide where each content asset appears on the website.
- Community Managers manage the online community through games and reward systems.
The DNN Documentation Center is organized based on these persona groups: