Once again, thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the micro release of ACE 6.3.4 and TAO 2.3.4 which is available from the usual download location under the heading "Latest Micro Release Kit".
The Source Code zip/tar.gz provided by github do not contain the necessary MPC package, please do not download these!
Changes to ACE
- ACE_SSL_Context::set_mode() can no longer be used to select a specific SSL/TLS protocol version, use ACE_SSL_Context::filter_versions() for that. This follows general advice by the OpenSSL project to go through SSL_CTX_set_options() to limit the list of protocols available. The purpose of ACE_SSL_Context::set_mode() is now limited to explicitly restricting behaviour to client or server (defaults to both).
- Improve Oracle Studio support
- CIAO and DAnCE are forked to their own github repositories and are not part anymore of the ACE+TAO release packages
- Fixed several Coverity reported issues
- Added ACE configuration for FACE safety profiles (see config-face-safety.h). FACE, or Future Airborne Capability Environment http://www.opengroup.org/face, specifies a restricted subset of OS functions and rules for controlling dynamic memory allocation. When built in this configuration on a platform that supports it, ACE conforms to the FACE requirements.
- ACE uses new netdb.h functions (getaddrinfo/getnameinfo) if they are available, in place of deprecated functions (gethostbyname/addr).
Changes to TAO
- ImR enhancement - Added a "force remove" option to the Implementation repository that will remove a server entry from the ImR Locator repository and kill any running instance with a single command.
- ImR enhancement - Fix to allow very large ( > 4K ) command line.
- ImR enhancement - Enhance the coordination between the Locator and the Activator to tolerate running on heavily loaded systems, in particular when a server process is slow to shut down, and a new server is started before the shutdown is complete
- LogWalker utility improvements for handling truncated GIOP buffer dumps, added tracking thread first/last contact times.
- Fault-Tolerance improvement - Optimize performance on NFS mounted filesystems. First a deadlock is resolved. Second, use of writer locks is minimized to only when writing is necessary. Third, NFS occasionally causes transient EBADF errors on access, so file access that results in a bad file error is retried before the error is reported to the application.
- 8.38 MB ACE-6.3.4.tar.bz2
- 11.9 MB ACE-6.3.4.tar.gz
- 18.8 MB ACE-6.3.4.zip
- 222 MB ACE-html-6.3.4.tar.bz2
- 250 MB ACE-html-6.3.4.tar.gz
- 274 MB ACE-html-6.3.4.zip
- 7.35 MB ACE-src-6.3.4.tar.bz2
- 9.5 MB ACE-src-6.3.4.tar.gz
- 11.8 MB ACE-src-6.3.4.zip
- 21.3 MB ACE.TAO-6.3.4.tar.bz2
- 35.9 MB ACE.TAO-6.3.4.tar.gz
- 63.3 MB ACE.TAO-6.3.4.zip
- 15.6 MB ACE.TAO-src-6.3.4.tar.bz2
- 22.6 MB ACE.TAO-src-6.3.4.tar.gz
- 31.7 MB ACE.TAO-src-6.3.4.zip
- Source code (zip)
- Source code (tar.gz)