Reporting tool that prints out reports (in plain text) based on the data in a database. An example of the output of this program can be found in output.txt file.
This reporting tool is a Python program that uses psycopg2 module to connect to a database, install:
- python( Any version of python )
- PostgreSQL (How to install PostgreSQL?)
- First clone the repository to your machine:
git clone https://github.com/DOUARA/Logs-Analysis.git Logs-Analysis
- Create a new database called news:
psql CREATE DATABASE news;
- Populate your database with data using the command:
psql -d news -f newsdata.sql
Download newsdata.sql from here.
Running the program
from within Logs-Analysis folder run script.py file: