Check here on how to update TWiLight Menu++.
Includes nds-bootstrap v0.29.0.
More AP-fixes, increased game compatibility, new video playing option,
Valentine's Day and 1st 2020 release!
(or LL edition, if you live in Japan)
- DSi: Added option to switch between Unlaunch and nds-bootstrap for DSiWare booting.
- (@Epicpkmn11) Use actual image size instead of preset sizes for box art.
- DSi/3DS/Saturn theme: The Quick Menu has become the DS Classic Menu, replacing the SELECT Menu, and shows whatever is inserted in Slot-1 on the top, as well as the last-launched ROM being on the bottom, instead of GBARunner2, and the Manual icon replacing the yellow arrow.
If you're on a flashcard, then the last-launched ROM will be on the top as always, and GBA mode will be shown on the bottom.
The DS Classic Menu can be accessed by pressing SELECT, and can be exited by pressing B.
To switch between SD and flashcard (if compatible with direct access), hold SELECT+UP/DOWN.
- New AP fixes (from RetroGameFan) added!
-Digimon Story: Lost Evolution (English translation)
-Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates (USA/Europe)
-Fire Emblem: Shin Monshou no Nazo Hikari to Kage no Eiyuu (v3.01 English translation)
-Fire Emblem: Shin Monshou no Nazo Hikari to Kage no Eiyuu (Chinese translation)
-Jjangguneun Monmallyeo: Won Peulleoseu Won!: Shock Seong Land Daegyeoljeon!! (Korea)
-Kirby: Mass Attack (USA/Europe)/Atsumete! Kirby (Japan)/Moyeora! Kirby (Korea)
-Lupin Sansei: Shijou Saidai no Zunousen (English and Italian translations)
-Magic Cheongkeuwa Mabeobui Seong (Korea)
-Makeup Princess 2: Princess Life (Korea)
-Naruto Jilpungjeon: Insuljeongae! Cha-Crash!! (Korea)
-Tomodachi Collection (Japan) (Rev 0/1) (Fixed by me, to work on nds-bootstrap)
-Tomodachi Collection (Rev 1) (English translation)
- A brand new splash screen for TWiLight Menu++ is now in use!
It consists of neon bars moving, which later form the letters to the app's logo (like in MegaMan X and MegaMan Zero).
As a Valentine's Day bonus, the BG will be in a different color than the regular blue!
- The DS splash bell jingle has been added, and will play on your birthday.
- (@NightYoshi370) Manual: A new cheats page, with a tutorial to make your own.
- The console select screen on first boot, is now only shown on flashcards running in DSi mode.
- (@Epicpkmn11) Added proper UTF-8 handling.
.mp4files are now shown, and are played with @Gericom's MPEG4Player (included)!
Instructions to convert video files are in the linked thread.
- (@Epicpkmn11) Acekard theme: You can now hide files.
- (@Epicpkmn11) Hidden Files now use FAT file attributes and no longer loads hidden file information from a
- DSi/3DS: Added option to switch between the
- DSi: The DMA ROM read LED can now be changed separate from the regular ROM read LED.
- Lots of save sizes are now implemented and used, when creating a new
- (@NightYoshi370) Themes can now be set for the DS Classic Menu.
- (@NightYoshi370) To cut down on file size, most
.bmpfiles have been converted to
.pngfiles, and both converted and existing ones have been optimized using tinypng.
The new splash screen also cuts down on file size.
Existing photos for the DSi theme (
sd:/_nds/TWiLightMenu/dsimenu/photos/) also need to be converted to
- The codebase is more organized, less repeats.
- Extended the
DSi binaries missingmessage.
- SEGA Saturn theme: Fixed text placement.
- The font from the original DS menu, is now used in the DS Classic Menu.
- (@Epicpkmn11) Improved sorting options.
- Removed the
powered by nds-bootstraptext, as nds-bootstrap only runs the DS games (and old homebrew) from the SD card (or flashcard, if using B4DS).
- The cartridge of Golden Sun: Dark Dawn can now be launched.
- When launching GBA ROM on flashcard, use DSi/3DS build of GBARunner2, if DSi mode is detected.
- You can no longer delete or hide the
- (@NightYoshi370) Per-game settings now affects flashcards in the Acekard theme.
- DSi/3DS/Saturn/R4 theme: Fixed per-game settings not showing for homebrew, if nds-bootstrap (B4DS) is disabled.
- (@NightYoshi370) Acekard theme: Writing to R4iSDHC's last save is now supported.
- Chessmaster, Need for Speed: ProStreet, Suikoden: Tierkreis, and Tony Hawk's American Sk8land now work with auto heap shrink.
- For some reason, the inserted game card's banner icon and text isn't shown on 3DS consoles.