Check here on how to update TWiLight Menu++.
Includes nds-bootstrap v0.17.1.
This lovely release not only brings the usual new features, but chocolaty deliciously new features that push the DS/DSi console to the limits! ;)
WARNING: The following below (except for the feature listing) may contain cringe.
Random lively girl: Hi Robz! <3 What's new?
Me: Well I'm glad you asked! Here's what's new!
- Introducing RocketVideo technology, a new homebrew video player!
- Thanks to RocketVideo, a new animated TWiLight Menu++ splash has been added, with sound added alongside it!
The last half of the splash was created in Game Maker Studio.
- (@Epicpkmn11) Time and date display have been added to the DSi and 3DS themes!
- The stock look of the DSi Menu returns! The top icons are now moved to a new menu called the SELECT menu, the successor to the old START menu.
- (RocketVideo) The rotating cubes from the original 3DS HOME Menu, are now shown on the top screen of the 3DS theme.
- (RocketVideo) The DSi splash now plays at the original frame rate of 60FPS!
However, if you're using a flashcard, it'll play at 24FPS, unless if you're using a Memory Expansion Pak for your DS Phat/Lite.
- DSi splash can now be displayed on 3DS/2DS consoles.
- An option has been added to display the H&S screen in the DSi splash.
- Ever wished you could change the color of your screens? Well now you can!
A B&W/Grayscale color mode has been added! Currently doesn't work in the Acekard theme and the DS(i) games.
- Color padding added on the top and bottom of the dialog box image in the DSi Menu theme.
- You can now enable/disable showing specific filetypes in the settings menu.
- Pictochat and DS Download Play .nds files can now be launched properly in the ROM menu.
- (@Epicpkmn11) You can now hide files and folders in the DSi/3DS themes!
Press X on the file or folder, but instead of deleting the file, press Y.
- Slightly sped-up icon rearranging process.
- After rearranging icon,
Please wait...text is now shown.
- (@Epicpkmn11) Improved DSi/3DS menu BG music.
Random girly girl: Oh wow, that's sweet! But, are there any issues fixed?
Me: Yes, there are! Here are the bug fixes.
- (@Epicpkmn11) macOS's index files ('._') are no longer shown.
- (@NightYoshi370) Fixed AP message being shown for Rune Factory 3.
- Fixed language setting not working in nds-bootstrap.
- Fixed the crash when pressing Up on an empty box in DSi & 3DS themes.
- Fixed GBA mode icon in the main menu.
Same lively girl: Wow! I'm liking this release already! Thank you RocketRobz!
Same girly girl: Yeah! Thank you!
Me: Aw, you're both so kind!
To all of you using TWiLight Menu++, or if this is your first time using it, have a Happy Valentines Day! :)
Show your special someone the new update, and/or what DS(i) games you are playing!