Oracle APEX Region Plugin - Video Player
HTML5 Video Player. Region Plugin using OpenSource JS framework "video.js" to display HTML5 videos.
####1.0.0 - Initial Release
- Import plugin file "region_type_plugin_de_danielh_videoplayer" from source directory into your application
- (Optional) Deploy the CSS/JS files from "server" directory on your webserver and change the "File Prefix" to webservers folder.
The plugin settings are highly customizable and you can change:
- Width - Width of video player in pixels
- Height - Height of video player in pixels
- Show controls - Whether or not the player has controls that the user can interact with. Without controls the only way to start the video playing is with the autoplay attribute
- Autoplay - If autoplay is true, the video will start playing as soon as page is loaded (without any interaction from the user). NOT SUPPORTED BY APPLE iOS DEVICES!
- Loop - The loop attribute causes the video to start over as soon as it ends
- Preload - The preload attribute informs the browser whether or not the video data should begin downloading as soon as the video tag is loaded. The options are auto, metadata, and none
- Style - Default style of the video player (Default & Big Play Button centered)
- Language - Default language of video player
- Video URL Column - Column of SQL query which contains the video URL path
- Poster Image URL Column - Column of SQL query which contains the poster URL path to an preview image file
- Mime Type Column - Column of SQL query which contains the mime type of the video file
- Alt. Video URL Column - Column of SQL query which contains the alternative video URL path
- Alt. Mime Type Column - Column of SQL query which contains the alternative mime type of the video file
- Logging - Whether to log events in the console
- APEX Video ended - DA event to do things when a video ends
Example SQL Query:
SELECT video_url (VARCHAR2), poster_url (VARCHAR2), mime_type (VARCHAR2), alternative_video_url (VARCHAR2), (optional) alternative_mime_type (VARCHAR2), (optional) FROM videos SELECT '/web/path/to/my/video.mp4' AS video_url, '/web/path/to/my/poster.png' AS poster_url, 'video/mp4' AS mime_type, '/web/path/to/my/video.webm' AS alternative_video_url, 'video/webm' AS alternative_mime_type FROM dual